Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Aftermath of the End is Another Beginning...

I got my results back today. Not very good though some subjects, 2 actually, i was quite proud of myself. 1, chinese. I broke my streak. Instead of getting 20+ like I did for the rest of this year, I got 42. Which is a significant improvement. Whats more, i got 24 for my oral which is better than most. So im proud of that too. Another subject I really liked was E maths where I got 80.2 marks. The highest in class was like 97-ish...

What I could'nt understand was why I did so badly for A maths and Physics. These are the only 2 papers I actually studied for yet, I only got 60 for Physics and my chinese beat my A maths... Physics was... well it was a disaster there was like one whole page or so where i got all wrong, and yet i didnt manage to finish the paper. A maths was... well its just full of crap. I got like one mark here, one mark there and it was all because of carelessness. Thomas (tutor) said that its ok that it happened. Wakes me up to study even more. So now , all I have to do is study 3 hrs a day next year, and pay loads of attention in class.

Other subjects include stuff like Bio (56), Chemistry (62), Combined Humanities (48). Comb Hum was another crap one but i dont have many regrets. SS had a wierd strict marker. 67-ish for EL. This has to be my worst compo ever. 22. Besides that, I think its time I got my act together and started working especially on A maths and Comb Hum. Physics will come naturally, I just tripped.

Sarah, the p1 kid im tutoring, is having her exams next week. Have to go there tomorow at 330 to 5. Quite a lot to put on a P1 kid but I suppose shes not very good in maths and comprehension. Her composition is on standard with others considering she's only 7. She's getting better in Maths though. Her EL is ok she just need to know how to infer.

For the past few days we've been playing soccer in the black hole. Abel, Dan, and.. Jin Jun or whatever is "Chuck" and the rest, including me, are the Acorns! Apparently, Abel says im a really good goalie but its hard to be goalie cos there isnt much space to run and the goal is huge anyway. I like playing on the field. Can dive. Michael, my brother, and Joshua are gonna try out for SSS cricket team so I have to train them some time soon if they wanna get anywhere.

Right now, quite a number of my friends are going through significant times in their lives. People like John and Lisa. Maybe Holly's also going thorugh i dont know but she was quite emo today. Sophies doing fine I hope. A lot of things happening this end of the year. Alot of beginnings and endings, here and there. Then again, I suppose that we should'nt be too scared of the ending of anything in our lives because after an end, is a beginning of another thing. It may be good or bad but we can never really tell can we? Perhaps like an earthquake, after an earthquake, there is a chance for people to renew their lives. Or maybe when our hopes are crushed when we break up with somebody, perhaps someone else you might have better chemistry with will be there with you and who knows?

~markyc

No comments: