Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Late December train ride.

The second half of december was going to be more of an emotional roller coaster than anything I expected it to be. The past 2 weeks of my life could be compared to riding on a horse. Bumpy (sore bums and all) but enjoyable. Sometimes, i didnt know wether to smile or frown. To be sad or happy. So much so that I did feel sad and happy at the same time on a few occasions.

Before i go on, i would like to say... MERRY CHRISTMAS!

On the 20th of december, i met up with andy, my 2 new sisters (yunting and yunying), plus a few other zhongsan people for a christmas party. We had BiWen to be santa with jackets as his potbelly which was too tempting to resist rubbing =P. Met a couple more cool people there. On that day i remember being really happy and high. Played a few christmas carols on the guitar as well. We relived the zhongsan trip by singing "country road" again and i'm sure everyone enjoyed it. It was a lunch function by the way. I drew a horse for the gift exchange and it ended up in huiwen's hands. I think she liked it. =P I got a 50 piece puzzle which i have yet to fix and everyone else got other stuff. Popular choice of gift, chocolates. Cheap and nice.

The next day was a long and hectic day full of ups and downs. It was the day of the bbq. Gabriel, Catherine, Ryan and Alan came by in the late morning to help set up the stuff. Ryan came by with 60 chicken wings, Gabriel and I went to the bbq wholesale centre in siglap to get some bbq stuff, Catherine came by with potatoes and Alan came by because he was a neighbor and my cathecism teacher. =P Mum was out and the siblings were a their friends place, leaving me in charge of the house. Gabriel and Alan later went to get lunch and a few more bbq items such as tongs. Cat and I stayed back to wash highly unsuccessful potatoes. Most of the time we were just lazing about. When the guys came, it was already around 4 o'clock. Sent them out for a scavenger hunt. Cat and I had set up the scavenger hunt before the party so we were the supervisors. Got thrown in the pool, threatened for my life, posed in sexy photos etc. As usual, Steph was running about, the same way she was during the hunt in confirmation camp.

When it was time to bbq, the clouds above were indescisive. They came and went and so did the rain. In the end we had our bbq with alans gas stove. He brought it over to the foyer and then did the rain come down. Apparently, I didnt lock the house down before i went. Later in the day i would loose my wallet as well. This made mum really upset and almost prevented me from going to midnight mass on christmas eve. I think everyone enjoyed the party. Am really thankful to god for prompting me to make that descision to switch classes. It must have been one of my best descisions ever. I mean the people ive met in this class are really great people. So diverse in beautiful personalities.

Last night, the same group of people attended the midnight mass. It was a great mass. Not very beautiful like the one in confirmation camp but still a great mass. Probably because of the company i had. Cat was there, Jerome, Joel, Joan,Gable, Joan's other friend, Ryan and Christine, and Stephanie. All dressed formally (except for Ryan) ready to celebrate the lord's birthday. It was one of those nights where i just wanted to sit back and reflect before the mass. I have done so many things, heard so many conversations before, I needed time to reflect on myself. I hitched a ride back with Catherine along with Gable and Shao Meng. Dancing through catchy hymms and developing a lump in my throat a while before can be very taxing. When I got home, Mum and Nick were still awake. I opened a few of my presents as well...

I do not think that any of these presents could really fill me for now. It was all cool and really really great. I mean a pair of really good earphones, an xbox360(from mum to the family), A few good books and a few great shirts, A real diary book from holly and a few others. All this was really good but I think something wasn't quite there yet. I couldnt put my finger on it. Maybe I would'nt.

Already a Late December. Everything in full flow, everything going pretty much in the right direction. I wanted this christmas to be memorable and special. Maybe it was maybe it was'nt. Everything I have right now, is everything a late december should be like. Almost there. Imagine youself on a train. Looking out the window, trees and scenery move past you so quickly in blurred vision. The last few kiometers of the ride, you see familiar sights. Sights you have seen before. Sights you have never noticed to be so beautiful yet so normal. Come late december and you are packing your bags ready to leave the carriage. You look back through the window. All the people in your life wait outside awaiting your return from the journey you have taken this year, hoping that you are still the person you were a year ago. You hope that someone you met on the journey stays to accompany you in the future. In the years to come. And you come to love this person. To me, thats what a late december should be like. The end of a long train ride

No comments: