Saturday, December 8, 2007

Rockface

The past week was boring. Only towards the weekend did it get interesting. Days spent having tuition and finishing the Emaths syllabus, playing the guitar, xbox and computer. Burning the midnight oil (not really) doing stuff to the blog and talking to people on msn. Also practicing "country road" for the China trip. I think Uncle Marcus is a bit too serious about it. He came over the other day with my acoustic fixed but he looked a bit tired as well. I think he's just been tired recently so thats why he's been a bit grumpy and not like himself.

Steph left for China yesterday morning for a long holiday. Called her up to wish her off. Sophie also left for Egypt the day before. So many people leaving for overseas this week. I'll be in China the whole of next week though. Coming back on friday and I'm going to spend the day blogging about it! What's more I'm thinking of writing a song there.

Today I officially joined genesis youth ministry. Got my bike fixed at uncle teck's place before that, had a drink with my dad and some of his friends, went home, ate lunch at VariNice, got changed at rushed to church. Was slightly late but Genesis is really cool. Jaslyn and gabriel were there and are the "senior ministers" of Genesis. Filled out a short form, talked a bit and got to know the Genesis people who are really cool! This time it was only Joan, Gericho, Gable, Rachel, Elizabeth and I as the new batch. Steph, Jac, Catherine and a few others are also joining but were unable to attend the meeting. After that, we went for mass. Joan, Jaslyn and I. Jerome joined us some time later. The rest of the genesis people went to get some katong laksa.

After mass, i called home but they told me to make my own way home so I stayed back for a while. We talked in the cathecists room and i am NOT going to elaborate on it. Let's just say that I was crucified in there. I made my way home soon after. Catching the bus 28 going back to bedok resevoir.

Perhaps this lesson has been repeated loads and loads of times but... We cannot really tell wether anything is a bad thing or a good thing. Climbing a rockface may seem like tough work but that sense of achievement when we reach the top is monumental. We should not be afraid when faced with a problem. If we fear it, when will we ever learn? Every step up that rockface that we face everyday is tiring but it will only get us closer to our goal. The top. When we fall, we would "know how to pick ourselves up" as quoted from batman begins. Imagine if halfway up that rockface, we give up. Would'nt it be a real pity? So close to reaching the top and then, we fail to spur ourself on past the different steps. This reflection has been repeated many times so it shouldnt be anything new.

Markyc

No comments: