Monday, February 11, 2008

Constellation Figurine

This is a song I wrote a while ago in January. It came when I was in my room one day and I found a great chord progression and started singing. There's quite alot of impossibilities in it and yet it happens, stressing how much the protagonist really feels. The first verse represents the eye openers of the protagonist's behaviour, how he always dreams and finding ways out of the bright side, like an action of paranoia. Then he realises why he has always been waiting on the world to come.

The protagonist promises someone special to him that he will be there for her as long as it takes for her to join the dots in the milky way and create the picture, the constellation figurine. The protagonist wants to come clean with her and see her in the light so that he can be free. He tells her that the the clouds burn in her eyes, showing how deeply he feels as clouds dont burn but they do in HER eyes.

The second verse shows how he counts his blessings of her even though her stars are outshone by others. He can still find her stars which hang high and probably cannot be seen. He thinks about her everytime and that the thought is mild and harmless, like moonlight. She is timeless to him.

CONSTELLATION FIGURINE.

verse 1
sleeping on the sea
dreaming on the clouds,
I'm staring at the sun.
I've found a reason why
On these tears I fly
Waiting on the world to come.

pre-C
It feels like I have known you for so many years.
Join the dots in the milky way,
I'll be here beside you
through smiles and fears.

Chorus
I want to see you in the light, so I am free
You are a constellation figurine
The clouds are burining in you eyes, and I want to scream
I hope I see you tonight.

Verse 2
The Sunlight illuminates the sky
Yet here I am, numbering your stars
hanging so high
Your moonlight lies upon my life
It lies with me everytime,
Its all alright

Bridge
Timeless it seems
Clocks stop ignoring me
Youre Timeless it seems
Will the stars stop ignoring you and me

No comments: