Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The last chorus.

Well today, the 19th of february 2008 will be the last day as a 15 year old for me. Tommorow onwards i will be a 16 year old roaming the world and studying for his O levels. This post will be dedicated at the past year and all the great things that happened. Since I already talked abt the great ppl i met in a post sometime last year i wont talk about it. I'll just summarise the whole year in 3 paragraphs or something.

The last year was a great one with many ups and downs. Like part of a song. Verse one: March holidays. Peer Support Convention happened and it was where I met some really great people. I learnt alot of useful lessons there as well. Now I'm only in contact with Sophie which is sad i suppose cos we don't talk to the rest now. I remember alot from the early part of the year. Getting involved in this and that, making good friends in school and outside. It was so great when it first started. So fresh as it came.

1st Chorus : June holidays. Went to Bali. I remember the songs i wrote in that period of time from April to June. It was all pretty novice writing though sometimes I do think about the songs and what it meant to me back then. I remember one particular song. The first one i wrote. It was called sweet. Met Nick's parents as well as they went with us to Bali. Everything was going well and in full flow. I was actually happy with what was really going on I suppose.

2nd Verse : around september, the pace for the exams started to pick up. Before i knew it, I had to work extra hard than what i usually do for the end-of-years. Things were still moving pretty much like clockwork. You could say that my eyes opened this period. Realised many important things going on. High time too. I wrote a few lines here and there in this period. None of them actually happened.

the last chorus : October through January. Times so turbulent, I could puke. Well its hard to say. You could tell in my past posts. Can you remember the time I wrote the last post of the year? Late december train ride. Yea that was a rough spot towards the end. Not sure why just felt very emotional that the year had come to a close and all that. There were let downs perhaps too many to count but to balance I had lots of high points as well. Meeting many new great people to be exact. That and the great Con3 camp. It was hard to stay focused when you've been through so much in so little time.

NOW : The last day as a 15 year old and here I am posting on blogger at 11pm. Today was an interesting day. Mum and many others wished me a happy advanced birthday, I studied, I ate lots of chocolates and sweets, I drank wine, I tried to complete a song, I read, I cried on the inside but then realised that i shouldnt and decided to move on with life the way I always had. To keep dreaming and believing in those dreams. On top of that, I also went to school and all that other normal stuff one would usually do in their teenage life.

The final notes of the song are played and for those last few seconds, you think back and say to yourself "damn that was a great song". The next thought is "I hope the next song is even better".

~cheers, markyc

No comments: